Sunday 18 December 2011

December's Glossy Box

After waiting very patiently and not sneaking a peek at any other blogs, I finally got my December Glossy Box on Thursday.

I even drove home from work before going to my parents to see if the postman had been as I really wanted to get my Glossy Box.

I wasn't disappointed at all! It was a great box and was red and Christmasy!

Unfortunately I haven't taken any photos as I opened the box round my parents and took the products out to use and forgot until today that I was going to review them.

In the box I received:

Cargo Cosmetics Classic Lip Gloss
This is described as a non sticky, high-shine, great wearing lip gloss. It felt nice to wear and wasn't sticky, although I still kept putting my lips together and pressing them as I always do with lip gloss. You can still feel it's there but it's not sticky, although other lip glossy I have aren't sticky either (although hair still manages to stick to my lips whether lip gloss is sticky or not!). I liked this product but wouldn't go out of my way to buy it as it's similar to others on the market but was a nice size to carry around. I don't wear much lip gloss or lip sticks but with the current weather I have been wearing lip balm (an Avon one that I have on my desk at work) or my new Elizabeth Arden tinted 8 Hour Cream stick. I don't drink enough so my lips are always dry but especially now with the heating on all the time and the cold wind outside.

Deborah Lippmann - Razzle Dazzle Nail Varnish with Stripped to Go Sachet
This was a lovely reddy/purply/pink glitter nail varnish with a nail varnish remover mitt. I gave the varnish to my sister as she likes nail varnish, especially glittery ones and she didn't feel well so cheered her up with this (I did open my box round her house too lol). I gave the nail varnish removed sachet to my Mum as she could keep it on her to take off her polish if it chipped, but also because it was lavender scented (my fiance hates the smell of lavender...even though he loves the smell of the Molton Brown pillow spray which has base notes of lavender lol).

FAB Face Cleanser
This came out of the tube a bit like toothpaste as it was stripped (white and clear) and is described as a mild, nourishing cleanser that's ideal for all type. Calms redness and reduces skin reactivity with regular use. I found this to be very mild and didn't dry my skin out at all and felt very gentle to use. I would definitely think about buying this again (apparently Boots sell it) as it's a nice night time face cleanser that won't wake you up as it doesn't have any tingling or strong smell, it's just nice and gentle. 

Nouveau Lashes - Noir Mascara
My favourite item in the box so far. When I opened it the box was very expensive looking and more like opening an expensive pen than mascara. The tube is very esthetically pleasing although I got a greasy fingerprint on it straight away than I rubbed off (funnily enough from having the lipgloss on my finger... as you do). My favourite mascara is L'Oreal Volume Million Lash as it makes lashes thicker and really opens your eyes. I've tried other mascaras but nothing has made me stop buying my L'Oreal mascara...but then this came along....and it will share the top spot along with my L'Oreal masara.

The reason I like this mascara is that it gives great length and curl, rather than thickness, so is a great daytime look or when you want a more natural look. It isn't clumpy or flaky and doesn't make my lashes hard at all and is great like contact wearers like myself. I am even thinking of wearing this for my wedding as it didn't irritate my eyes at all.

Rituals Foaming Shower Gel
This is what made my box to heavy and is a full size shower gel that comes out as a mouse, a bit like shaving foam. Radox use to do something similar which I loved, but not sure they still do it (I usually use Boux Avenue, Molton Brown or baby shower gel now).

The scent I received was T'ai Chi (White Lotus and Green Tea) which is nice and clean smelling and reminded me of L'Occitane products (due to the smell). I've not used this in the shower yet as I have a head cold so have been using my Molton Brown Warming Eucalyptus to clear my nose and head, but my Mum tried this on her hands and it made them really soft so I'm really looking forward to trying this out.

Overall this has been a great box and I'm pleased with the products I've received and the scents. I saw that some people got Blink & Go mascara or eye shadows instead of the Nouveau Lashes mascara, and a range of different creams instead of the cleanser but I'm so so so pleased I got what I did.

It was definitely worth £12.99, especially since the mascara on its own was worth £14.99!

Can't wait for the January box now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's really appreciated.