Sunday 20 May 2012

Just purchased my Sizzix Big Shot! YEY!

After much deliberation I finally decided last week to buy a die cutting machine for card making. I had originally looked at the Sizzix Big Shot but reviews said how big it was, and it was also quite expensive so decided to look at getting a Cuttlebug. After looking around for these someone advised me that the Big Shot was a great machine and did much more than the Cuttlebug (such as cutting material) so I went ahead and started looking for Big Shots.

Online they retail for round £70-£80 for a starter kit but thought I would try and get one on eBay with other dies (as starter kits come with hearts and some basic shapes which I wouldn't particularly use). I found one with lots of dies, some of which I would have sold, and waited a whole week until it was ending today but at the last minute it went for over £100 including postage!!!! Luckily for me one ended 2 hours later and I got it for under £40 plus £12 postage! It comes with a few dies of bears hugging, presents, the word party and a nappy pin (which I may sell). Due to it being much less than I was going to pay I've also treated myself to an embossing folder with different greetings on, and I'm currently bidding on cupcake dies (where you can have different toppings) and flowers. The flowers I'm looking to use with material to make a floor mat (which I started at Christmas with my sewing machine but haven't got far with it due to our wedding).



My mission this year is to make my own Christmas cards and also my parent's cards. I've got lots of ideas and will be on the look out for the dies I want in the next few months to try and grab a few bargains.

Now it's just a waiting game until my Sissix machine arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's really appreciated.