Wednesday 20 November 2013

Christmas Wreath Making With Women's Weekly and Hobbycraft

On 20th November I went to a workshop arranged by Woman's Weekly and Hobbycraft to make a Christmas Wreath. I'd seen the workshop on Facebook and booked tickets for my Mum and I.

I already have two wreaths but wanted to make my own and thought this sounded a great idea for £10. 

I arrived at Chelmsford Hobbycraft with my Mum and we found the workshop was going on upstairs so we made our way up. We were joined by two ladies from Woman's Weekly, one being Lifestyle Editor Jayne Marsden, two members of Hobbycraft and another 4 people who had booked onto to workshop. 

We were supplied with tea and biscuits while we crafted and each made our own green wreath, being shown how to add the different elements (lots of wire twisting).

We had a lovely time talking about Woman's Weekly and crafts we like and if we would like somewhere to share our makes online. The ladies at the workshop were into lots of different crafts including one lady who was currently doing a jewellery course. I explained that I liked lots of crafts but didn't really like projects where you can't do anything with them once finished, I like papercrafts where you can use them in someway as I don't have anywhere to store them and never know where to put things.


I really enjoyed making my wreath and it smells lovely with dried orange and cinnamon. My Mums was quite full in depth as she mainly used red berries on hers and I suggested she could use it as a ring for a large candle to make it a centre piece for the Christmas table which she thought was a great idea and maybe adding satsumas pierced with cloves 

The great thing about attacking the elements onto the wreath with wire means that we can change it whenever we want to. 

I've never been to a craft demonstration or workshop before but really enjoyed this one as we could do what we wanted and didn't just have to do what they said. 

Once we finished we all posed for a photo with our wreaths (keep a look out for me on the Woman's Weekly Blog.) I then went off to spend my vouchers we got for taking part. I brought a few bits I'd had my eye on but which weren't in my Christmas list - I brought liquid pearls (in a white, silver and gold), corner rounder punch and decoupatch glue. I did want to get glossy accents but they had run out so my Mums going to look for it when she goes shopping in there for my Christmas presents with the 20% voucher we each got. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's really appreciated.

Blog Archive