Saturday, 22 March 2014
2 Pairs of PJ Bottoms Made!
Finally got round to making the second (and third) pair of pj bottoms from The Great British Sewing Bee book I got last year. I made a pair for my Dad last year and got enough fabric to make Lee a pair but didn't get round to cutting them out. I also found I had some pink gingham material folded at the bottom of my fabric bag so decided to make myself a cropped version (so I don't trip over them) and also thought they'd been nice and cool for Florida.
Here are the finished items!
As I said I made mine a bit shorter so they're a cropped length. I was worried making them as the patterns are S, M, L, XL and I had no idea what sizes they were. I made XL and they fit my bum and are a bit roomy so it's probably about a size 18 (I hate tight pjs to sleep in so they're perfect)
I'm going to make a matching shirring top to go with them probably next weekend (first attempt!)
I also tacked together the dress I'm making ready to take to my mums to check the fit before I commit to sewing on the machine.
Off to relax in my new pjs - tomorrow's task is to patch up hubby's work jeans (only had them 3 or 4 weeks after buying from Tesco!)