Sunday 4 January 2015

Tartan Dog Birthday Card

I love how this card has turned out. I used Centura Pearl cardstock and using the Cricut Explore I cut out a 10 inch x 5 inch rectangle and cut out of this the siloette of a dog (I searched dog on the design space and this was one in the cricut subscription). The dog originally had a collar on but I didn't think it would work well with the siloette so I deselected everything from the dog apart from the outline (ie for all the layers I didn't want I pressed the eye icon so it no longer showed)

I then grouped the rectangle and dog so the cricut would cut the dog out of the rectangle, where I had placed it (if not I found the cricut moved the items to fit on your mat so they didn't overlap)

Once that had cut I cut the sentiment out of tartan thin cardstock, then layed another piece behind the cut out dog. I finished the card with a strip of tartan in the side and some red ribbon.

I made an envelope myself and added some of the left over tartan paper to line the envelope and a piece on the outside flap.

I'm really please with how this turned out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's really appreciated.