Wednesday 11 July 2012

Sizzix Dies from QVC

Last week on QVC the Todays Special Value of christmas craft papers sold out so they did a one time only offer of Sizzix dies. I wasn't sure at first but after seeing the demonstrations (and not having any Bigz dies or embossing folders) I decided to buy the deal, especially since I had a £10 off voucher for QVC! 

The deal included 3 Bigz (flower with leaves, large flower and large leaves), 4 embossing folders, a cut and emboss die of bluebell like flowers, heart flower sizzlets and a DVD from Sizzix.

The pack arrived on Saturday morning and I sat down to watch to DVD in the afternoon (after a nice little visit to an art gallery in Westcliff on Sea to see my Dads photo on display and a spot of lunch and shopping with my Dad and Mum in Leigh-on-Sea). The DVD is really informative but a bit of a pain as there isn't a 'play all' feature, so you have to click each short clip separately. It did have a lot of great information on, especially about sizzlits and how to build them up.

The dies are really lovely and the Bigz are perfect as they fill up large space so not much is needed on the card if you want to keep it simple.

Below you can see two quick cards I made with the dies (plus a sentiment embossing folder I already had from crafts-too). They were really easy to make and I used a lot of ideas picked up from the presentation on QVC such as making the petals curve by running your nail across them, and making them more 3D by folding the petals.

I'm really loving the Bigz dies and another die arrived on Monday for my Christmas cards which I can't wait to try out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's really appreciated.