Sunday 22 September 2013

Hedgehog Card, Stickyback Fabric & Spellbinder Dies

I got round to playing with some spellbinder dies I bright from eBay a few weeks ago. I brought two different medallion dies as I wanted to added more intricate designs to my cards. I decided to made some hedgehog cards using these and the DoCrafts sticky back fabric I brought from Hobbycraft last week. I used the apple print fabric (I also brought a tartan roll and knitted jumper style roll for Christmas)

I have quite a few hedgehog stamps and dies as I love hedgehogs, my real Pygmy hedgehog Spike Pricklepants especially!

These are 5 inch square cards and images were coloured with Spectrum Noirs and then I used distress ink around the outside of the image 
The bottom card isn't quite finished yet, I just need to add a sentiment.

The sticky fabric roll is quite hard to cut as when you unroll it and flatten it there are rucks in it where it's not completely stuck to the paper backing when flat and it won't cut in a gulotine (where you pull the arm down) so I used a craft knife to get a perfectly straight line but did get a bit of fraying as you will see on the pictures a little.

It does add interest to the card and more texture. It would have been helpful if they printed a grid on the backing paper so you can use it as a guide (like you do with some wrapping papers)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's really appreciated.