Wednesday 23 November 2011

November Glossy Box

I had a sneaky look at some blogs to see what people were getting this month and many (of the blogs I'd seen) seemed disappointed with the products.
I had decided if I got the bath salts I'd give them to my mum as I don't have a bath but they didn't out me off the box.

I then saw the different products people were getting and saw the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer which I'd heard about before and really hoped I would get it.

My box was delivered yesterday while I was out so this morning (in my day off) I got out of bed, put the kettle on, pulled my sheepskin boots on over my PJs and walked next door to the post office...still half asleep.

I hoped the box and was really happy as had no foot cream and no bath salts! (hope on the preferences soon Glossy Box have a 'do you have a bath or shower' question so we don't end up getting things we can't use)

 So was really happy when I opened the box and found this:
 Arbonne Ultra Hydrating Hand Creme - I've not tried this yet, only smelt it but it does have quite a strong smell which is quite an odd smell and as I have a headache I thought I would wait to try this.

Dead Sea Spa Magik Delicate Boosting Mask - Tried this within 10 minutes of opening the box! It has a lovely delicate smell and is very gentle. I have a scar on my nose which can get irritated but this is great on all of my face. You put this on and leave it for about 10 minutes before washing it off and you are left with a lovely feeling on your face.

Illamasque Freak Eau De Parfum - I was a bit wary of this due to the name as sounded really heady however when I saw it contained frankincense I gave it a try and it was really nice. I actually gave this to my mum as she loves the smell of frankincense and opium (which is also one of the smells in this).

Nail Rock - Designer Nail Wraps - I received the red with black lace and wasn't to sure of these as I've had nail wraps before (Nails Inc) and really didn't like them as they were fiddly to apply with the hairdryer and didn't last, however these don't need a hairdryer and are so much better! I have them on my toes (kindly applied by my mum) and then a wrap on each thumb with the rest of my nails painted red (Revlon Red). The only problem with these wraps are that they are very round at the base and my nails are more square at the base so there are a few gaps.


The final product I got was the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer. I really wanted to try this so was glad I got it. It said to put on wet hair and leave on for 10 - 20 minutes before rinsing out then shampooing and conditioning so I chucked my head over the sink and wet my hair then put the elasticizer on, placed a shower cap on over it (then I put my Dead Sea Salt mask on too) then after 20 minutes washed it out in the shower. I wasn't really sure what to expect but after washing and straightening my hair my head seems much stronger and straighter and then this morning (I washed it yesterday) I didn't need to straighten my hair! Great! As my hair is thick it suggests to use it once a week so I'll be using this weekly and see how my hair improves.

Overall I am very happy with the products this month and can't wait until next months box!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's really appreciated.

Blog Archive